I’m back with another Divi 5 update, and this time I am pleased to announce the release of Divi 5 Dev Beta, the next phase in the Divi 5 beta program. The Divi 5 foundation is complete, our development documentation is filling out nicely, and we have used the Dev Alpha phase to collect feedback and solidify the Divi 5 API.
With the launch of Dev Beta, we will invite many more developers to join the beta program so they can begin transitioning their Divi modules to the official Divi 5 framework and work on new and exciting features that can be ready for the launch of Divi 5.
Meanwhile, our team will be focused on progressing to the next phase: Divi 5 Public Alpha, the first public beta phase.
What We Accomplished Since My Last Update
We got a lot of work done over the past six weeks, completing the Divi 5 API and squashing over 180 bugs. I am a little late with my update this month, but we wanted to ensure we wrapped up the Divi 5 Dev Beta and cleaned up as many bugs as possible before progressing to the next phase. If you are interested in the nitty gritty, here is the full changelog:
- Refactored props and moved sticky responsive hover props to features props.
- Fixed portfolio module with categories imported as layout from D4.
- Fixed portfolio module sizing options not working correctly.
- Fixed Portfolio module FE warnings if no featured image is set.
- Updated module conversion tutorial.
- Fixed the styles not being applied on the button inside the Login Module.
- Fixed the Blurb module text alignment issue on the front end.
- Fixed the issue with the icon not displaying on the Frontend of the Fullwidth Image module.
- Fixed the issue where the Layout Name field of Add To Library modal was not required to save the layout.
- Fixed Tabs module border overflow issue.
- Fixes issue where the user can’t use Border Radius unit other than px.
- Updated inline JSDoc throughout the codebase.
- Renamed hooks and transients to use the new D5 naming convention for hooks and transients.
- Updated background Style Declaration to render based on Gradient enabled value.
- Updated Gradient field container/component to inherit value and render preview accordingly.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Button’s hover background color to not show up in Builder or Frontend.
- Background gradients in Tablet and Phone views will now inherit “direction” values when they do not have their own specified.
- Optimized and refactored Transition Style with Element Style to abstract font and text-shadow CSS properties from its parent function into their own respective methods.
- Add a Transition option to module attributes by default.
- Updated webpack config to generate CSS files for Visual-Builder Packages.
- Updated build process to copy font files in the build directory for @font-face entry.
- Updated Storybook to use webpack 5.
- Added get_package_list, get_package_asset, and enqueue_package_style PHP functions.
- Refactored AssetsUtility to automatically enqueue CSS for Visual-Builder Packages when JS for Visual-Builder Packages enqueued.
- Renamed FormatAttr<> type into FormatBreakpointStateAttr<>.
- Implement style method of ModuleElements of various Divi Modules.
- Renamed module.decoration.filter into module.decoration.filters To Make It Consistent Between All Modules.
- Implemented Dynamic Content to existing modules that have frontend rendering already.
- Refactor the component so that the field inside of it can be flexibly modified.
- Fixed missing et_pb_css_mix_blend_mode_passthrough class to Column module Frontend.
- Fixed the issue of the class name not being added to VB and FE for the Regular section.
- Fixed the issue of the responsive content of the Person module.
- Fixed an issue where Upload Preview was showing for all upload file types.
- Fixed an issue with Portfolio where no projects show an empty page in Frontend.
- Fixed margin left and right options override the alignment of the Divider module.
- Fixed the row module’s “Equalize Column Heights” setting to work as expected.
- Fixed Bar counter percent field not showing text value.
- Fixed incorrect Border Color and Text Color default values of the Button module.
- Fixed custom padding value doesn’t work in Row Inner.
- Updated module background image CSS declarations to include repeat settings.
- Added Background Image settings (height, width, vertical offset, horizontal offset) to D4>D5 Conversion’s attributes map.
- Fixed A Bug That Was Causing The Inline Rich Text Editor to Not Activated Properly On Some Cases.
- Fixed A Bug That Was Causing a Fatal Error With Modified Title Of The Blurb Module.
- Fixed A Bug That Was Causing the Title Of The Tab Module Not Being Saved From the Inline Text Editor.
- Refactored Circle Counter rendering so that the background video will appear on top of the background color or gradient.
- Fixed a case where the background color for the Text module had different output between Builder and Frontend.
- Fixed an issue with the conversion of the section backgrounds attributes during import.
- The keyboard shortcut for saving in Linux and Windows is fixed.
- Animation for Resize button icon for the help modal is fixed in docked mode.
- When “Builder Interface Animations” is disabled, the help modal’s animations are disabled too.
- The video list navigation’s disappearing issue on resizing the docked modal is fixed.
- Fixed incorrect space between Undock and Close buttons, which increases as the modal size is increased
- Resize button icon for the help modal is now centered in docked mode.
- Fixed responsive icon not working in Testimonial module VB.
- Fixed the difference in the Hover State Styles selector
- Fixed the Responsive Content functionality in the Login module.
- Fix hover selectors in FE if the selector has a pseudo-element.
- Fixed the issue of setting up the default Circle Background Opacity value in the circle counter module, same as D4.
- Fixed hover selectors in VB if the selector has pseudo element.
- Fixed wrong important values of margin and padding modules.
- Fixed a missing class name issue in the Audio module Frontend.
- Fixed Icons not rendering properly in Testimonial Module Frontend.
- Fixed error when duplicating child modules
- Fixed Image module sizing options not working
- Fixed Toggle title styles in the Toggle module are not working correctly in both VB and FE.
- Fixed the issue of toggle open icon styles in FE for the toggle module.
- Fixed empty button behavior in FE.
- Fixed disable State option in Hover mode.
- Fixed disabled_on conversion issue.
- Fixed Add to Library button will not display unless the User Role is re-saved.
- Fixed the issue where clicking on the blank space within the label in the components group would trigger the first option instead of being inactive.
- Fixed the Add To Library modal cut-off when it’s opened from a certain position.
- Fixed incorrect button icon animation for hover.
- Fixed responsive content functionality not work in the FE button component.
- Fixed the overflow issue of the full-width image, which has a border-radius set.
- Fixed a bug in the Code setting field, unable to delete the value on responsive mode.
- Fixed the issue of input placeholder value, which is not getting removed after removing the text in it.
- Fixed settings modal’s scrolling when scrolling over responsive disabled elements.
- Resolved the issue causing glitchy behavior on touch-enabled devices for responsive content.
- Fixed the fatal error caused by saving an empty desktop breakpoint value.
- The input field’s value will be inherited from the upper breakpoint.
- Fixed Dynamic Content options list dropdown overlap with TinyMCE element.
- Fixed script-based feature (eg. animation) that doesn’t work on the shortcode module.
- Dynamic Content: Added tests for various functionalities of Dynamic Content UI.
- Dynamic Content: Added URL type support to Dynamic Content in the Testimonial module.
- Dynamic Content: Define the id property on each Dynamic Content option registration.
- Dynamic Content: Refactored and migrated Dynamic Content To.
- Dynamic Content: Rename some field terms used in the options in Dynamic Content.
- Dynamic Content: Introduced a new way to register Dynamic Content option settings and rendering part.
- ModuleElements: Implement ModuleElements on modules that are available on Divi 5.
- Module Attribute Refactor: Refactor Module Attribute for IconAttr and Social Media Follow Modules
- Fixed Custom CSS conversion issue.
- Transition Style: Transition Style component refactoring.
- Position Options: Fix the issue of the Position Options style being rendered when no attribute is given by allowing the style component to have the defaultPrintedStyleAttr property that is inferred from the module’s module.json
What’s Next For Divi 5?
With the Dev Alpha and Dev Beta phases in our rearview mirror, it’s now full-speed ahead towards Public Alpha, the first user-facing beta version. Between now and the release of the Public Alpha, we will fill in missing features, fix bugs, and ensure we finish enough of the project to warrant a public release.
If you aren’t familiar with Divi 5, let me give you a quick refresher. 👉 Divi 5 is a complete rewrite of the Divi Builder focused on the fundamentals. We aren’t adding many, if any, new features but instead are focused on performance, stability, scalability, and extendability. We squeezed everything we could out of Divi 4, and now we are building the new foundation we need to propel Divi into the future. To get there, we essentially need to recreate every piece of the Divi Builder one piece at a time.
We are now working towards the release of Divi 5 Public Alpha. This will be a functional and hopefully bug-free version of Divi 5 but with some of the least popular Divi modules and features missing. You’ll be able to test out Divi 5 and even use this version if the missing features aren’t something you miss.
After the Public Alpha is released, we will work towards the Public Beta, which will include all of Divi’s current features and serve as a release candidate for Divi 5, pending the fix of any bugs found by our beta testers.